a.exe (which I've now renamed to AMAA for AutoMenuAutoAccent) is a AutoHotkey_L script written by me. AMAA does the following:
- Gives shortcuts for placing accents on letters similar to MS Word (with some added functionality aimed at developers).
- Overrides the Windows key to open the PortableAppsMenu rather than the Windows start menu.
- Overrides [Win + E] to open a user-specified file browser.
- Calls a program like ejectUSB to eject your USB drive by simply pressing [Win+J].
Note that I've removed the download link as I'm not currently meeting the forum guidelines. I'm working towards the requirements for the app to be considered allowable self-promotion: I'm working on converting it to PA.com Format and choosing a OSI-approved license (I'll probably choose the GPL). I'll probably also move it to the beta testing forums. However, I want to make it somewhat more user-friendly first, so I'm working on the next version which'll be more user friendly by including a proper (well semi-proper) GUI for the settings rather than a bunch of Input Dialogs.
You can help by:
- Suggesting a proper name. (If I don't receive any suggestions, I'll probably go for AMAAPortable or something like that.)
- Commenting on what licence to use and where to include it. (I'm really not good with legal, uhm, stuff.)
- Telling me your favourite Portable file browsers and eject programs. Currently my latest local version (I've never published it on the Internet yet) already automatically detects Explorer++ Portable, FreeCommanderPortable, Xenon Portable (all of which are official PortableApps.com apps) and ejectUSB (not an official PA.com App).