Dear users, does anyone want or need more dependencies bundled by default?
Gramps Portable includes:
- Python, GTK, pygtk, pygobject, pycairo (since 3.2.5)
- pyGoocanvas and Goocanvas (required for Graph View addon) [+1.5 MB] (added as from 3.3.0-1)
- pyexiv (required for Image Metadata Gramplet) [+6.5 MB] (added as from 3.3.0-1)
- PyICU (better Unicode support) [+7.8 MB] (added as from 3.4.3)
These packages could be added (Gramps Portable 3.4.7 or later):
- OpenCV and numpy (required for automatic detection of faces) [+ ? MB]
- ... (other suggestions)
These packages won't be added to an official release in the near future:
- pyenchant and PyGTKSpell (required for spell-checking):
enchant interferes with other local or portable apps
- python-osmgpsmap and osm-gps-map (required for Geography view):
Offline map cache uses up free disk space fast.
Feedback is very welcome, maybe we could improve the user experience for all Gramps Portable users.