Welcome to the PortableApps.com outdated apps tracker. Please post a comment for any outdated official apps that aren't already listed with AppName Version as the title (no dashes, Vs or other text). Before posting a request, please make sure that their stable Windows build is available and they have been announced by their publisher (just being available on a download/ftp server, github, or 3rd party site doesn't count as the app may not yet be official). Comments will be deleted as they are added. Bug reports or requests for updates of unofficial apps released as development tests should be made as comments in the post for those apps. This list is maintained by Kenny Williams (scriptdaemon) as well as the PortableApps.com admins & moderators.
Pre-Releases and Other Test Versions
These apps need someone like you to test them out before they can be released.
Work In Progress
These apps are being worked on. Current status is listed where available. Blocking bugs are noted where applicable. Please note that apps are not 'released' until announced on our homepage, rss feed, and via platform update. Apps mirroring on our download servers may be modified or replaced before being announced.
- AIMP 5.00.2338
- Apache OpenOffice 4.1.11
- calibre 5.30 (John built, mirroring...)
- Cherrytree 0.99.4.2.1
- CrystalDiskInfo 8.12.11
- Foxit Reader 11.1.0
- Geany 1.38.0
- jPortable/jdkPortable 8 Update 311
- LibreOffice 7.2.2
- Mozilla Thunderbird 91.2.1 (John building for Stable release in line with local Stable push...)
- OpenJDK/OpenJDK JRE 16.0.2
- OpenTTD 12.0
- PDF X-Change Editor 9.2.357.0
These apps have something outside our control getting in the way of being updated.
- 4st Attack 2.1 - Windows unavailable **
- AbiWord 3.x - Windows unavailable **
- BabelPad 188.8.131.52 & BabelMap 184.108.40.206 - On hold pending publisher license change, Ken researching...
- Chromium B.S.U. 0.9.16.1 - Windows unavailable **
- Cornice 0.6.2 - Windows unavailable **
- Dia 0.97.3 - Windows unavailable **
- Dicom 1.3 - Publisher build is semi-broken and lacks source code
- Eraser 6.x - See .NET Apps Note*, will be 'EraserProPortable' or Eraser .NET
- Evince 3.x - Windows unavailable **
- FastCopy 3.63+ - Switched to freeware, awaiting publisher permission (2021/04)
- FastStone Capture 5.4 and later are time-limited Shareware rather than Freeware
- Free Download Manager 5.x - No longer open source, possible GPL issues, no response from publisher (2021/04)
- FreeFileSync 6.3 and later - Process bug in 6.3 through 7.x, 8+ requires payment
- Fyre 1.0.1 - Windows unavailable **
- Gnumeric 1.12.49 - Windows unavailable **
- I Have No Tomatoes 1.55 - Windows unavailable **
- IcoFX 2.x - This is a paid version of the app
- IObit Uninstaller 8.x & later - Publisher does not want portablized
- K-3D 8.0.5 - Windows unavailable **
- LameXP 4.19 Build 2320 - false positive issue
- Listary 4/5 - Requires admin rights (4 crashes without, 5 won't even start)
- Maxthon 5.x - Awaiting publisher build and security analysis
- Monster RPG 2 - 2.12.x and later are closed source commercial versions
- Pathological 1.1.3 - Windows unavailable **
- PhotoFilmStrip 3.1.2+ - This is a paid version of the app
- SmartDeblur 2.x - This is a paid version of the app
- Virtual Magnifying Glass 3.7.1 - Windows unavailable **
- WinCDEmu 4.1 - Publisher has not built non-installer version yet
* .NET Apps: PortableApps.com has begun listing .NET apps starting with those compatible with both the 2.x and 4.x or with the 3.x and 4.x .NET frameworks.
** Windows unavailable: These cross-platform apps have later versions for other platforms but not Windows, so they are up to date. If you are able, some publishers may need assistance building Windows versions.