Like many before me, the platform updater is having trouble downloading apps - and has for several weeks. I have looked through every existing forum post I could find but haven't found a resolution. Unlike many of the 2018 posts, however, I'm on an up-to-date Win10 machine.
The error is:
"Unable to download the file. This could be due to a proxy or network issue or the hosting server not permitting downloads from your location."
which I get for 7Zip, DVDStylerPortable, FileZilla, Firefox, Gimp, Notepad++, Opera, PDFTKBuilder, PicPick, WinMerge, & Workrave.
* Portable Apps 19.1 (long standing install, upgraded over the years)
* Connection setting in platform options: Automatic
* Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044.1415, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0
* Install location
* C:\Portable Apps\PortableApps\PortableApps.com contains PortableAppsPlatform.exe & PortableAppsUpdater.exe
* C:\Portable Apps contains Start.exe
What I've tried:
* When I try downloading one of them manually using Internet Explorer, it DOES work (specifically, it loads the SourceForge download page, which then downloads the file):
* I have checked internet options, and I have all the TLS boxes checked & SSL boxes unchecked.
* I CAN load the Platform "Get more apps" window
* I didn't try loading the various apps listed in this post as I don't know how current it is: https://portableapps.com/node/57916
Any help is greatly appreciated.