As a part of the ongoing effort here at PortableApps.com to make apps available to everyone in every supported language, I'm starting things off by posting the list of strings that need to be translated for the portable application launchers themselves. These strings are used by most of the launchers, so they'll only need to be translated once and then used for all of them.
Each message includes one or more variables indicated by a dollar sign and all capitals. These don't need translation but should be left in your localized string so the appname, path, etc can be inserted. A good listing of the languages that need to be done would the the available Firefox localizations or available OpenOffice.org localizations.
1. This launcher allows $APP to be run from a removable drive. For more information, visit $WEBSITE
2. $FILENAME was not found. Please check your configuration.
3. Another instance of $APPNAME is already running. Please close other instances of $APPNAME before launching $PORTABLEAPPNAME.
4. $PORTABLEAPPNAME cannot be started. You may wish to re-install to fix this issue. (ERROR: $FILENAME could not be found)
5. $PORTABLEAPPNAME is $APPNAME packaged as a portable app, allowing it to run from a USB flash drive, iPod, portable hard drive or other portable device.
Update July 26: Adding two new strings:
6. $PORTABLEAPPNAME appears to be running from a location that is read-only. Would you like to temporarily copy it to the local hard drive and run it from there?
Privacy Note: If you say Yes, your personal data within $PORTABLEAPPNAME will be temporarily copied to a local drive. Although this copy of your data will be deleted when you close $PORTABLEAPPNAME, it may be possible for someone else to access your data later.
7. $PORTABLEAPPNAME can not run directly from a read-only location and will now close.
Please reply to this topic with a subject line indicating the language you're localizing in to and then the list the localized strings. Please do a single post for each language. If you notice an issue with someone else's translation, reply to their post (and not this main post) so that everything related to each language is kept together.
This post is only for the actual translations. Discussion of what we're doing can be done in this post:
In addition, when you post a translation, please indicate if you'd be interested in translating the full help file and the application descriptions on an ongoing basis in the language you're translating. Also, if you would like to help with packaging the portable apps in your own language (no coding would be required), please indicate that as well.
Thanks for the help!