To best explain this program, I will quote to author of XPenguins (the Linux version, that's a little better)
"Ever wanted cute little penguins walking along the tops of your windows? Ever wanted to send an army of cute little penguins to invade the screen of someone else on your network? Probably not, but why not try this program out anyway - it's free"
I believe development's stopped on WinPenguins, and XPenguins, and WinPenguins has one desktop window painting bug, but it's all good.
- WinPenguins will not work if you have any windows open full screen
- WinPenguins will not work with Active Desktop disabled
- WinPenguins has a bug where the penguins tends to repaint window frames
- WinPenguins does not seem to work if you desktop background is in a file format other than BMP or JPEG.
Sound like a lot of annoying little bugs to you? Well sure, if they didn't exist we'd all like the program a little better and we'd all like it if the program had a few extra features. So...why not take over development?! If you're interested in taking over the development of WinPenguins, head on to the WinPenguins Site downloads the source, and begin developing
But I assure you, the bugs don't take away from the penguin-on-desktop-watching experience.
Development Test 1
- Upadated to a Development Test.
- Added cuter icon, thanks to Everaldo.
- winmon.dll should not be left in 'Temp'.
- Better registry handling and crash recovery.
- Updated to a small fork that allows you to use external crash sounds.