You are here

Beta Testing

Testing of beta versions of apps before public release.

[Released] FreeMat Portable 4.0 (rev 4000) Development Test 1

Submitted by Bart.S on October 13, 2009 - 9:33am

Application: FreeMat
Category: Education (& Science)
Description: FreeMat Portable is a free portable environment for rapid engineering and scientific prototyping and data processing. It is similar to commercial systems such as MATLAB from Mathworks, and IDL from Research Systems, but is Open Source. FreeMat provides visualization, image manipulation, and plotting as well as parallel programming. (from the website)

AnySQL Maestro 0.5 Release 3

Submitted by ciscoheat on October 9, 2009 - 6:09am

Application: AnySQL Maestro
Category: Utilities
Description: AnySQL Maestro Portable is a database management tool for any database engine. You'll get a powerful set of tools to edit and execute SQL scripts, build visual diagrams for numeric data,
compose OLAP cubes, and much more...

[Link to unauthorized repacking of this Non-OSS software removed by mod Tim in consult with Devs Gizmokid2005 and OliverK]

My Photo Index Portable

Submitted by AsafY on October 3, 2009 - 1:09pm

Application: My Photo Index Photo Organizer
Category: Graphics & Pictures
Description: My Photo Index is a free open source photo organizer. It focuses on image tagging and cataloging and offers a clear & simple user friendly interface. My Photo Index handles major file types as well as Avi clips and can read and convert RAW image formats, My Photo Index can help you hide private images from prying eyes, and let you easily share your images with family and friends
License: GPL/LGPL
Language: English /Hebrew/ Lithuanian

GEdit Portable Development Test 1

Submitted by daBomb69 on October 1, 2009 - 6:25pm

This doesn't work, and BB's down so I can't get the code. Will fix later.

Application: GEdit
Category: Development
Description: gedit is a UTF-8 compatible text editor for the GNOME desktop environment. Designed as a general purpose text editor, gedit emphasizes simplicity and ease of use. It includes tools for editing source code and structured text such as markup languages.

AutoClose V 1.2

OliverK's picture
Submitted by OliverK on October 1, 2009 - 3:43pm

Application:AutoClose
Category: Utilites
Description: AutoClose is my way of making the PortableAppsMenu have a "Run on exit" option. There is no GUI, but the program is fairly extensible. Please make sure to read the help.html file for instructions. I should also mention that you need to set the menu to run this program at start. It loads and waits for the menu to close. Thne it acts.

Pages