You are here

Beta Testing

Testing of beta versions of apps before public release.

Gajim Portable 0.12.1 Development Test 1

Submitted by Patrick Patience on December 29, 2008 - 12:31am

Application: Gajim
Category: Internet
Description: Gajim is a fairly solid Jabber instant messaging client written with an interface quite similar to Pidgin's. One of the features I like about Gajim is its built-in notification system similar to Pidgin's Guifications.

Download Gajim Portable 0.12.1 Development Test 1 [13MB download / 15-40MB installed]

KMPlayer 2.9.3.1433Beta + 16 Plug-in(Crystality Sound)

Envil_Vlien's picture
Submitted by Envil_Vlien on December 27, 2008 - 3:33am

This is a very good soflware in playing video and audio! No codec! No upgarde! All things is inside it! It can play all of audio extention and 99% video extention!
Kool skin and easy to use with many language!
...its hard to improve my knowledge about it!
Try it yourself!

Here is the harddrive editon, 15,7M with compression and 19M uncompression (16Plug-in); easy to add new skin or Plug-in:
link to questionable software removed by moderator JTH

In adition, here is the USB edition(1,91M)1 file:
link to questionable software removed by moderator JTH

Tic Tac Toe!!!

gluxon's picture
Submitted by gluxon on December 25, 2008 - 1:59pm

This is a program one of my best friends Eric made. He sent me the *.bat file over the internet. I asked him what he was going to license it and he said "Open Source" thankfully.

So I took it and gave it an icon, and transformed it into an *.exe file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?monhinidyfz
This Extracts the folder TicTacToe. So Type in this
"[x]:\PortableApps" if you want ti to show in the menu/platform

Oh, and don't worry! It's portable since it doesn't store settings (it doesn't need to anyway) Blum

Source is included.

[Released] Revo Uninstaller Portable 1.91 Development Test 1

Submitted by scriptdaemon on December 23, 2008 - 12:09am

Application: Revo Uninstaller
Category: Utilities
Description:

Revo Uninstaller helps you to uninstall software and remove unwanted programs installed on your computer easily! Even if you have problems uninstalling and cannot uninstall them from "Windows Add or Remove Programs" control panel applet.

Revo Uninstaller is a much faster and more powerful alternative to "Windows Add or Remove Programs" applet! It has very powerful features to uninstall and remove programs.

BOINC Portable 0.2.6.1017 Dev Test

Submitted by olum on December 22, 2008 - 9:08pm

BOINCPortable: BOINCPortable
    Category: Utilities
    Description: BOINC Portable makes the Boinc Client and Manager portable. So you can crunch you workunits everywhere and without admin rights. Also the workunits are stored on you USB Device. It is possible to connect to an account manager so it is easy to mange your work.
    More information about BOINC: http://boinc.berkeley.edu/

Version description:
    First two numbers show the project version.

Family Tree Maker 16 Portable Development Test 1

thejahn's picture
    Submitted by thejahn on December 21, 2008 - 1:02am

Family Tree Maker is a family tree making program for recording, printing and reporting on a family tree. It contains web assistance.

This is simply a launcher that cleans up after itself. The Code is packed and is not perfect but I have used various Registry tools to help me discover what needed to be checked and removed. This is for more advanced windows users as files and terms herein may not be fully explained well.

You will need to install Family Tree Maker 16 to a system and generate your own portable USB stick folder for it per some instructions below.

Pages