WinMerge Portable 2.12.0 has been released. WinMerge Portable is a popular differencing tool, useful for comparing files or directories. This new release updates WinMerge to the latest version and has improved multilingual support. It's packaged in PortableApps.com Format for easy use from any portable device and integration with the PortableApps.com Suite. Best of all, it's open source and completely free.
WinMerge Portable is a free file and folder comparing tool for Windows with lots of great features:
- Visual differencing and merging of text files
- Flexible editor with syntax highlighting, line numbers and word-wrap
- Handles DOS, UNIX and MAC text file formats
- Difference pane shows current difference in two vertical panes
- Highlights differences inside lines in file compare
- Regular Expression based file filters in directory compare allow excluding and including items
- Creates patch files
New In This Release
This new release updates WinMerge to 2.12.0 (change log) and the launcher and installer were updated.
PortableApps.com Installer / PortableApps.com Format
WinMerge Portable is packaged in a PortableApps.com Installer so it will automatically detect an existing PortableApps.com installation when your drive is plugged in. WinMerge Portable is packaged in the PortableApps.com Format, so it automatically works with the PortableApps.com Suite including the Menu and Backup Utility.
WinMerge Portable is available for immediate download from the WinMerge Portable homepage. Get it today!