WinSCP Portable 4.2.6 has been released. WinSCP Portable is a versatile SFTP, FTP and SCP client for transferring files that integrates with PuTTY Portable. This new release updates WinSCP to the current release. It's packaged in PortableApps.com Format for easy use from any portable device and integration with the PortableApps.com Suite. And it's open source and completely free.
WinSCP Portable is a free SFTP, FTP and SCP client for Windows with lots of great features:
- PuTTY Portable integration
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Windows Explorer-like and Norton Commander-like interfaces
PuTTY Portable Integration
WinSCP Portable will automatically integrate with PuTTY Portable. Just install both PuTTY Portable and WinSCP Portable to the same directory (usually your X:\PortableApps directory on your portable device) and launch PuTTY Portable. When you click the PuTTY button within WinSCP Portable, it will automatically start a session within PuTTY Portable.
New In This Release
This release updates WinSCP to 4.2.6 (release notes).
PortableApps.com Installer / PortableApps.com Format
WinSCP Portable is packaged in a PortableApps.com Installer so it will automatically detect an existing PortableApps.com installation when your drive is plugged in. And it's in PortableApps.com Format, so it automatically works with the PortableApps.com Suite including the Menu and Backup Utility.
WinSCP Portable is available for immediate download from the WinSCP Portable homepage. Get it today!