Description: LcdBible is simplified freeware oriented to non-techies (such as Little Children Devoted to the Bible, missionaries, seniors, etc.) The learning curve is trivial because only the essentials are shown with the getting started layout:
- go directly to a specific verse
- find verses with specified word(s)
Even on dinosaur computers, it is ready to use in less than one second. Word/phrase searching is very fast, intuitive, and flexible to find what you are looking for.
Download LcdBible Portable 1.30k Development Test 3 [1.3MB download / 4.7MB installed]
Development Test 3:
- Fixed second, non-portable launch of LcdBible in launcher.
Development Test 2 (2008-05-07):
- Renamed App\lcdbible to App\LcdBible, as per draft 2 of the PAF specs
- Added a bit in the launcher to clean the registry tree that it creates from HKCU\Software\LaSofStuf\Crosswire\BerBible down to HKCU\Software if the rest is empty
Development Test 1 (2008-05-01): Initial release
Note: LcdBible does not appear to be being developed any more (the latest release was two and a half years ago), but it is a light, quick program, even from a USB disk, and is useful for small and slow USB disks which cannot run other Bible applications (e.g. BPBible, SWORD Project) very quickly. The followup for LcdBible appears to be BerBible (see my BerBible Portable thread).
Another note: I believe that the only non-PAF bit is appicon.ico - it was 4 colour 32x32. I made a new version of it in 16x16, 32x32 and 48x48, but instead of being in true colour and 256 colours, they are in 16 colours.