Category: Dock application
Description: Appetizer is an application launcher for PortableApps applications. Rather than organizing the apps as a list like the Windows Start menu, they are organized in a dock a bit similar to the Mac OSX dock bar.
Release notes: This release is mainly to fix the Windows 2000 crash. Also updated the German translation and added Spanish one.
- Resizable dock, which allows displaying the icons both horizontally or vertically.
- Support for multiple skins
- Three sizes of icons: Small and large
- Organize the icons by drag & dropping them
- 'Multi-launch' functionality
- Regroup multiple shortcuts within one menu
- Support for multiple languages
- Minimize to tray icon functionality
- On Vista, some icons may appear with a red border in the popup menu
- 2-bits icons don't show up at 16x16 pixels
Version 18.104.22.168 (2008-11-22):
- Fixed: Windows 2000 crash ("The ordinal 737 could not be located in the dynamic link library Shell32.dll")
- Updated German translation (wk)
- Added Spanish translation (Manuel Gutierrez Borras)
Version 22.214.171.124 (2008-11-20):
- Fixed: Made ImportWizardDialog localizable
- Fixed: Added a few strings that were missing from .po files
- Changed: Changed logic of hot key (show and bring to front if not visible, hide otherwise)
- Changed: 32x32 icon size is now the default
- Updated German help file and locale (WT)
- Updated English help file
Version 126.96.36.199 (2008-11-18):
- New: "run multi-Launch group on startup" option
- New: hot key support to hide / show the dock
- New: Added support for extra-large (48x48) icons
- New: Added "Don't show this message again" option in some dialog boxes
- New: Special items (My Computer, Explorer, Show Desktop, etc.). All of them are 100% portable and should work on any computer.
- New: Support for custom icons for shortcuts and groups
- New: "Wizard" to import icons from PortableApps drive, Windows "Start menu" and/or Windows "Quick Launch" bar.
- New: "Install autorun.inf" functionality in config dialog
- New: Import exclusion list in config dialog. All the files in this list will be ignored from import operations.
- Improved: better default icons for common types (.bat, .txt, .ini, etc.)
- Improved: better icon detection for documents.
- Improved: There's now only one dialog to add both a file or a folder
- Improved: Optimized executable file size
- Improved: Document icons are now cached, which should make icon extraction much faster in some instances
- Improved: Optimized dock startup operations, especially when many icons are on the dock
- Fixed: some strings weren't localizable
- Fixed: error retrieving icon of a drive
- Many other small fixes and improvements
Version 188.8.131.52 (2008-11-12):
- Some minor fixes regarding translations (some strings weren't localizable)
- A few minor changes to make the app compatible with PAF
Version 184.108.40.206 (Beta) (2008-11-10):
- Added support for groups of shorcuts (see help file)
- New skin: Blue Glass
- Support for parameters in shortcut editor dialog
- Auto-hide feature
- "Always on top" feature
- Implemented snapping
- Confirmation dialog when ejecting drive
- Added "Get support" link in help popup menu
- Added "One application instance only" option
- When launching an app, the current directory is now set to the app directory
- Icon panel is now rotated too in vertical mode
- Added "Configuration" and "Eject" items in tray icon menu
- Some skin files are now optional. They will default to the "Default" skin if missing, which should make it simpler to make new skins.
- It's now possible to set the color of the button icons in Skin.xml
- The help file will now be launched by SumatraPDF if it's present among the dock icons
- Switched localization to .po files.
- Help files are now .chm files and are built using .po files too
- Added metadata to Skin.xml ("compatibleVersion", "name" and "author")
- Fixed: memory leaks when launching a document
- Fixed: the main window was setting itself to (0, 0) when option panel was empty
- Fixed: memory leak in ImageButton. Icons weren't deleted properly
- Fixed memory leak: user object wasn't being deleted on close
- Fixed: dock will now get and display document icons in a more reliable way