I installed the new portable version 3 today - THANKS TO THE AUTHORS!!! - after having uninstalled the "normal" version 3.
When I tried to add several language packs for v3 I got into trouble. The lang packs wouldn't recognize the portable version at all in neither subfolder I tried.
Then I got the idea
- to rename the folder \portableapps\OOP3\App\openoffice temporarely into
- installed several Lang packs,
- renamed the folder back to the original name "openoffice".
Everything seems to work fine even on another computer from USB stick. On the other hand I have no idea where else the lang packs left files.
So I have 2 Qs:
(1) Is there an easier way to install additional languages?
(2) Why does the portable version not use the original folder name "openopffice.org 3"?