Category: Dock application
Description: Appetizer is an application launcher, or dock, for Windows. Rather than organizing the apps as a list like the Windows Start menu, they are organized in a dock a bit similar to the Mac OS X dock bar.
Release notes: A new PortableApps version is available for download at the address below. The most visible changes are the support for icon labels (can be displayed below or to the right of the icon), and the support for PNG icons. There are also many minor bug fixes, in particular for Vista. Most of the changes were done on the plugin engine though, so that more features can be added by creating plugins. Please give it a try and let me know if you notice any issue. As always, suggestions are also welcome.
- New: Icon labels can now be displayed below or to the right of the icon.
- New: plugins can now have a Configuration dialog
- New: many new plugin functions (possibility to change button icons, file functions, dialog functions, skin functions, new events, etc.)
- New: Vietnamese translation (Tam Vo Le)
- New: "Securizer" plugin to encrypt / decrypt important documents on a USB key (separate download)
- New: option panel is now open on startup if it was open last time Appetizer was closed
- New: support for icon labels
- New: support for PNG icons
- Fixed: Vista issue with special items
- Fixed: File / Folder browse dialog now also shows hidden files and folders such as PortableApps's folders
- Fixed: Dropping a file onto an icon should now works as expected, and launch the app with the file as a parameter
- Updated Polish translation (MT)