I have a problem with PortableThunderbird + Gpg: There is an Enigmail initialization error that I can't get around.
Here are the steps that I took:
- Downloaded PortableThunderbird + Gpg 184.108.40.206 in zip format.
- Extracted contents to hard drive
- Executed PortableThunderbird.exe
- Gpg prompted for a new account creation. I tried two different things: I cancelled out or I created a new account. Either way, the next steps (and result) are still the same
- Clicked on OpenPGP -> KeyManagement
- Obtained the following error: "Enigmail: Error in initializing Enigmail Service".
All gpg/pgp functions are unusable, most are greyed out and clicking on those that are not result in the same error above.
I should note that if I take a look at OpenPGP -> Preferences the executable path to gpg.exe is correctly set by PortableThunderbird.
Has anybody come across this? Any ideas?