License: GNU GPL
Description: GZDoom is a Doom source port based on ZDoom. It features an OpenGL renderer and lots of new features including 3D floors, dynamic lights, Quake2/Unreal style skyboxes and true color texture support.
Download GZDoom Portable 1.5.6 Development Test 1 [3+4MB download / 9MB installed]
Online Installer: This is an online installer that will download additional files during setup.
1.5.6 Development Test 1 (2010-12-13):
- GZDoom updated to 1.5.6.
1.5.3 Development Test 1 (2010-10-31):
- GZDoom updated to 1.5.3.
1.5.0 Development Test 1 (2010-08-11):
- GZDoom updated to 1.5.0.
1.4.8 Development Test 5 (2010-08-06):
- Changed download URL.
- Fixed problem with PWAD directory (clean install required).
- OpenGL renderer is now default.
1.4.8 Development Test 4 (2010-08-02):
- All settings in "Options/Set Video Mode" are now saved/restored (optional).
- Removed backup of MS reg keys.
1.4.8 Development Test 3 (2010-05-01):
- After reading this comment, I thought it would be a good idea to reset the video options on a new computer. You can disable it with the INI though.
- And the logical follow up is to save the video settings on each computer. Enable it with the INI.
- See the help file.
1.4.8 Development Test 2 (2010-04-22):
- Download changed to HTTP.
- Improved path/drive switching code.
- Improved firewall code.
- Backup/restore added on Direct3D, DirectDraw and DirectInput registry keys.
- Help file updated. Added note re: path adjustment in user-saved ZDL configuration files, re-did the links to the Freedoom downloads and lots more.
- Clean install required.
1.4.8 Development Test 1 (2010-04-10): Initial release
This package also includes the ZDL launcher. See the help file for important information.
See also ZDoom Portable.
XP Home SP3 (Admin)
Thanks to Patrick for hosting.