Description: GNU Emacs is an extensible, customizable text editor and more. At its core is an interpreter for Emacs Lisp, a dialect of the Lisp programming language with extensions to support text editing.
Download Emacs Portable 23.1 Development Test 4 [26.6MB download / 139MB installed]
Download Emacs Portable 23.2 Development Test 1 [27.3MB download / 146MB installed]
23.2 Development Test 1 (2010-05-21):
- Updated to GNU Emacs 23.2
- Added EmacsPortable/Other/ApplicationStructure.txt file.
- Removed all extensions(wget, ctags), this is now plain Emacs, just portable.
- Removed the directory "load", use the directory ".emacs.d" instead for your added modes.
- Updated EmacsPortable/Other/Source/Readme.txt file.
- Updated EmacsPortable/Other/Source/EmacsPortable.ini file.
- Updated EmacsPortable/help.html file.
Used PortableApps.com AppCompactorU on Emacs.
23.1 Development Test 4 (2010-04-05):
- The directory "user-load-path" has been simply renamed as "load", to shorten the total character length in path names.
- The directory "load" is moved to .emacs.d directory.
- .emacs.d has been defined in the load path. The .el files in this directory can directly be "required" from _emacs.
- TMP and TEMP environment variables have been defined.
23.1 Development Test 1-2-3: Internal releases