I was very happy when i downloaded the ptb201 release. I tried to upgrade my previous ptb1.5 to 2.01 but when i tried to localize i get errors
I tried to localize your btb201 release but I got the same errors.
I downloaded the latest HU release from here
and copied to ThunderbirdPortable\App\thunderbird but i get this message at the bottom and the menu is missing.
I tried to install switch-locales-1.5.1.xpi also but final is the same.
How could I solve?
It's 2.0 Alpha 1... not 2.01. As in, pre-beta. Not for use other than for testing. So, no testing of localization has been done at all. The best bet for localization is to install the full version of your own language and then copy it in, as detailed in the localization instructions. However, Mozilla doesn't support localized builds for Alpha-level releases. Thus, Thunderbird Portable doesn't either.
Sometimes, the impossible can become possible, if you're awesome!
do you plan to work on tbp localization? or if you could give me instructions where to look for the solution please help.
i get this message at bottom of tbp with localized tb in apps dir:
i tried this ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/nightly/latest-mozilla... and ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/nightly/latest-mozilla...
I have modified the locale file for you to get rid of the error you have specified.
I don't know if this version is error-free, you have to test it...
The file http://leepa.republika.pl/hu.jar should be copied to your thunderbird\chrome directory (in portable version: ThunderbirdPortable\App\thunderbird\chrome).
The problem was that some strings was missing in the locale files.
As I can see, locale file (hu.xpi) on mozilla FTP is dated 12th of October whereas the newest builds are as old as one day (not only hungarian traslation is not up-to-date). This thunderbird-2.0a1.hu.win32.zip build should however work as the whole package is dated 12-10, though it probably has not been tested enough...
Generally speaking, you should contact hungarian translators to update the locale for TB.
Hope this will help
thanks that works
so i only need to hack the hu.jar if i would like to update
i still find problems but don't know what should i look for in jar files, i tried to compare hu.jar and en-us.jar but can find what line missing
i am looking for older "working" versions but is seems to be not easy ;(
Jar files are just zip archives - you can open them with any archiving application.
In this file you will see number of folders and files in them.
Try unpacking both en-US and hu jars and then compare the .dtd files. It may be painful because every line in english file will differ from the same line in hungarian (due to the translated phrases). The lines order may be not the same either so there will be plenty of work
If you find the red text in any window, similar to the above mentioned
then follow these steps:
spell-no-suggestionsin this case),
file located in chrome directory and in comm.jar,
which tells you that the localized strings are in the specified .dtd file,
Look at line 77, the string after label
"&spellNoSuggestions.label;"tells you that in dtd file there should be an entity with the same name (without "&" and ";") along with the translated string.
The above paragraph shows how localization works in Mozilla products.
Hope this is understandable enough - I rarely write such long and complicated instructions
If you have any questions, please ask