The PortableApps.com Launcher 2.1 has been released! Somehow it managed to take ten and a half months after 2.0 before 2.1 was released (five and a half since Beta 2), but it's finally here. Now on to 2.2.
I would again like to remind developers of two things for using PAL 2.1:
- Use the new support for directory moving.
- Go through the release checklist when publishing your apps. It's also handy for testers. It'll ensure better testing.
Both of these will be integrated significantly more into the PortableApps.com Development Toolkit in a while.
I've started on 2.2 which (again) I plan on being just a month or two, et cetera. (So expect it to be released in six to sixty months!) I've already implemented the three easiest features on my roadmap;
- a PostExec hook (requested informally by a couple of people, can't remember who),
- [Launch]:RunBeforeN and [Launch]:RunAfterN (requested by Dagenham) and
- [LanguageFile]:TrimLeft (I've seen a need for it in a couple of apps).
Here are the remaining items on my 2.2 list in an extremely vague semblance of order:
- Update UAC plugin from 0.2.2b to 0.2.2d or 0.2.3.
- 64-bit environment variable
[Language]:SaveLanguage=trueto simulate a [FileWriteN] section and [LanguageFile] on AppNamePortableSettings.ini/[AppNamePortableSettings]:Language
- Live mode doesn't play nicely with WaitForProgram=false. Also check other things using Post.
- Make sure ForEachINIPair works on UTF-16LE files
- For Mark Sikkema to finish if he gets to it:
- Possibly 2.3: switch "starting"/"stopping" run state checks from using INI to using mutex (see last note in 2.1 release notes)
- Possibly 2.3: fix environment in admin; [AdminKeepEnvironment] 1=varname etc. using UAC plugin IPC or RuntimeData; PortableApps.com* (and maybe TEMP if done by Platform?) vars by default.