Application: Zim Desktop Wiki
Description: Zim is a graphical text editor used to maintain a collection of wiki pages. Each page can contain links to other pages, simple formatting and images. Pages are stored in a folder structure, like in an outliner, and can have attachments. Creating a new page is as easy as linking to a nonexistent page. All data is stored in plain text files with wiki formatting. Various plugins provide additional functionality, like a task list manager, an equation editor, a tray icon, and support for version control.
Zim can be used to:
- Keep an archive of notes
- Take notes during meetings or lectures
- Organize task lists
- Draft blog entries and emails
- Do brainstorming
License: GPL 2
Support: https://launchpad.net/~zim-wiki -- Join the mailing list.
Bugs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/zim -- Mention that you're using the Windows build if you report a bug.
0.54 Development Test 1 (2012-01-16):
- Rebuilt executable with 0.54 source (upgrade from 0.53)
- Followed Gord's advice and created some missing boilerplate text files and added working "drive letter changing support".
- Removed EULA click-through since GPL is not really a EULA.
0.54 Development Test 1 (2011-09-28): initial release