I'm not sure if there is a similar topic about the Iron browser an the language setting.
I could not change the language of the SRWare Iron Portable from English to German.
What I'm using
PortableApps.com Platform 10.0.1 (Language German)
Language: German / Deutsch
Option "Use this language for all portable apps" is activated
What I did
- Install SRWare Iron 17.0.1000.0 (Developer Build 120000 Windows)
- Start Iron in PortableApps: Iron's language is english
- Select Options > Under the Hood > Web content > Language and spell checker settings
=> English (United States) is activated by default.
=> The PortableApps.com setting "Use this language for all portable apps" has no effect in this case.
- Adding the language "German (Germany) - Deutsch (Deutschland)"
=> "German (Germany)" cannot used for SRWare Iron. ???
- Select "German" and "Display SRWare Iron in this language".
- Following the message: "Please close all Iron windows and relaunch Iron for this change to take effect."
=> Iron UI is still in english
=> Checking language settings in Iron again: "English (United States)" is activated again. ???
Ok.... second test:
- Change the language setting to "German" again (see process above).
- Close the Iron browser.
- Restart the Iron browser from file system (Directory "PortableApps\IronPortable\IronPortable.exe")
=> Iron UI is in german. !!!
- Starting Iron browser from PortableApps.com Platform
=> Iron UI is in english. !!!
I found a similar problem for PhotoFiltre Portable that has also this problem.
- Open the file "IronPortable.ini" in the directory "PortableApps\IronPortable\App\AppInfo\Launcher"
- Change key "DefaultIfNotExists" in section "[Language]" to "de"
=> When starting the Iron browser using the PortableApps.com Platform, the UI is in german.
I'm new at the PortableApps.com Platform and I'm not such deep in the technical structure and background of this Platform.