Description: An app for those who can't, or prefer not to move non-PAF portable apps' folder trees into the PortableApps folder so they have an entry in the PortableApps Menu.
Beware: This app is not endorsed by PortableApps.com. It may even not be approved of. Please remove this post if that is the case. I wrote it for myself and thought others might like to try it. A future release of the menu might break it.
- App runs as a window with forms on two tabs.
- It creates an appinfo.ini file in PortableApps\your app name\App\Appinfo folder with all the required key=value statements for each app browsed for.
- Allows entry of user-specified values which are dispayed in the menu now or in a future release of the menu.
- Allows entry of new categories and will add them to the PortableAppPlatform.ini file appropriately (the platform has to be stopped to avoid conflicts).
- Some fields give extra help via tooltips if hover mouse over them.
- The free BatchIconExtractor is called, if required, to extract icons from the target app and allow you to chose one, which is then stored as appicon.ico next to the appinfo.ini file.
- Entries appear in the menu when it is restarted, or if already running, when Apps - Refresh Apps Icons is clicked.
- Apologies that this app is written in AutoIt3 which apparently has caused some user's AV apps to produce false-positives. It's source file is in the other\source folder so you can see what it does. Look here http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/34658-are-my-autoit-exes-really-... to see what AutoIt say about infections.
Thanks to Solanus for showing me the way via his FolderZ MiniApp.
Edit: John T. Haller says here https://portableapps.com/node/31673#comment-192323 "The ability to manually add things from outside is coming shortly to the platform."
Download AddOtherAppsToPAM 22.214.171.124 Development Test 1 [0.59MB download / 0.42MB installed]
Development Test 1 (2012-03-25): Initial release
Is this still available?
Dropbox turned Public folders into Private folders on March 15, 2017 so the above link is broken
Try this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7f862nq06ha5zgg/AddOtherAppsToPAM_126.96.36.199_Engl...
can you upload it again?