Welcome to the PortableApps.com outdated apps tracker. Please post a comment for any outdated official apps that aren't already listed. Before posting a request, please make sure that their stable Windows build is available and they have been announced by their publisher (just being available on a download/ftp server or 3rd party site doesn't count as the app may not yet be official). Comments will be deleted as they are added. Bug reports or requests for updates of unofficial apps released as development tests should be made as comments in the post for those apps. This list is maintained by Kenny Williams (scriptdaemon) as well as the PortableApps.com admins & moderators.
Pre-Releases and Betas
These apps need someone like you to test them out before they can be released.
- Planning our next releases now...
Work In Progress
These apps are being worked on. Current status is listed where available. Please not that apps are not 'released' until announced on our homepage, rss feed, and via platform update. Apps mirroring on our download servers may be modified or replaced before being announced.
- Apps are up to date
These apps have something outside our control getting in the way of being updated.
- 4st Attack 2.1 - Windows build unavailable **
- AbiWord 3.x - Windows build unavailable **
- BabelPad 188.8.131.52 & BabelMap 184.108.40.206 - On hold pending publisher license change, Ken researching...
- Chromium B.S.U. 0.9.16.1 - Windows build unavailable **
- Cornice 0.6.2 - Windows build unavailable **
- Dia 0.97.3 - Windows build unavailable **
- Dicom 1.3 - Publisher build is non-functional
- Eraser 6.x - See .NET Apps Note*, will be 'EraserProPortable' or Eraser .NET
- Evince 3.x - Windows build unavailable **
- Free Download Manager 5.x - No longer open source, possible GPL issues, no response from publisher
- FreeFileSync 6.3 and later - Process bug in 6.3 through 7.x, 8+ requires payment
- Fyre 1.0.1 - Windows build unavailable **
- GIMP 2.9.x - Dev/unstable branch, 64-bit only
- Gnumeric 1.12.34 - Windows build unavailable **
- Gramps 4.x - Some builds x64 only, possible build/GPL issues, investigating
- I Have No Tomatoes 1.55 - Windows build unavailable **
- IceBreaker 1.9.7 - Windows build unavailable **
- IcoFX 2.x - This is a paid version of the app
- K-3D 8.0.5 - Windows build unavailable **
- KeePass 2.x - See .NET Apps Note*, will be 'KeePassProPortable' or KeePass .NET
- LBreakout2 2.6.5 - Windows build unavailable **
- Listary 4/5 - Requires admin rights (4 crashes without, 5 won't even start)
- LMarbles 1.0.8 - Windows build unavailable **
- Maxthon 5.x - Awaiting publisher build and security analysis
- Monster RPG 2 - 2.12.x and later are closed source commercial versions
- Pathological 1.1.3 - Windows build unavailable **
- SmartDeblur 2.x - This is a paid version of the app
- Virtual Magnifying Glass 3.7.1 - Windows build unavailable **
- WinCDEmu 4.1 - Publisher has not built non-installer version yet
* .NET Apps: PortableApps.com does not yet list .NET apps in our directory due to various compatibility issues. In addition to Windows XP having no .NET installed by default, Vista does not update to .NET 4 by default and requires manual intervention by an admin. Windows 8 and 10 have .NET 2 and 3.5 disabled by default and can only be enabled by an admin. Unlike Java, .NET can not be legally portablized. We will soon be releasing .NET apps that support .NET 2, 3.5 and 4 via manifest and later releasing .NET apps that require a specific library in a special section of the app directory.
** Windows build not up to date: These cross-platform apps have later versions for other platforms but not Windows, so they are up to date. If you are able, some publishers may need assistance building Windows versions.