When I try to start GIMP Portable (v2.8.2 Rev_2) on my Win7 (64bit) PC, I get an error message from PortableApps.com Launcher: "Another instance of GIMP Portable is starting. Please wait for it to start before launching it again." After hitting OK the program does not start. Obviously I checked whether another instance is really running, or I even tried it straight after boot-up, but without success.
- The same happens for uTorrent and JDownloader Portable, but not for others (e.g. VLC Player Protable is starting OK)
- No problems if I start these tools as administrator
- Tried to remove and re-install GIMP, but it did not help...
The problem only came up recently, all these tools were working fine before. I cannot nail down the exact point in time tough. Changes I have done recently, which might have triggered the problem, are:
- Install Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 (but after rolling back the system to a checkpoint before the installation did not solve the problem).
- Update to Java RE 7.13 (32bit)
- A few Windows updates over the last few days...
- Install Adobe Acrobat XI
- Install XEmacs
I would appreciate a lot, if somebody can help. If you need more details (general HW/SW configuration, ...) I can provide that directly via email.