Since November 2018 the RedNotebook 2.8 with the major improvement form Windows OS is available on the project page ( https://rednotebook.sourceforge.io/ ).
The internal previews are working again (before you had to view your notes using a browser, eg. Firefox).
Is there any chance to update the currently available RedNotebook Portable app from 2.6.1 to 2.8?
== 2.8 (2018-11-15) ==
* Support internal previews on Windows again (#369).
== 2.7.1 (2018-11-13) ==
* Never let search phrases end up in the main text field (fixes #401).
* Fix spell checking (fixes #412).
== 2.7 (2018-11-06) ==
* Use GtkSourceView for editor to obtain better undo/redo functionality (thanks @takluyver).
* When saving, update the list of tags in the auto-complete list for the search.
* Fix opening RedNotebook homepage from About dialog (#411).
== 2.6.1 (2018-08-21) ==
* Fix bug preventing new installations from starting up.
[Thread closed by request of OP - mod GC]
Yyou can report outdated apps and follow along with their progress in the Outdated Apps Thread: https://portableapps.com/development/outdated
In the future, you can find this thread via the Development or Support pages. There's also a link to it in the header at the top of the page when creating a forum post that reads "Before posting... App out of date? Please visit the Outdated Official Portable Applications page."
Sometimes, the impossible can become possible, if you're awesome!
Thank you very much, next time I know where to post.
I've found that RedNotebook 2.8 has already "Work In Progress" status in https://portableapps.com/development/outdated
You may close this thread.