make apps portable without writing code
The PortableApps.com Launcher™ allows developers, publishers and even technical end-user to portablize apps in PortableApps.com Format without needing to write any code. It's an easy to use multilingual launcher that makes creating portable apps a snap. Once you've updated your app to the current PortableApps.com Format Specification, you can use the PortableApps.com Launcher Generator to handle registry keys, command line options and updating configuration files just by editing a simple INI file.
Version 2.2.1 for Windows, Multilingual
3MB download / 11MB installed (Details)
The PortableApps.com Launcher works best with the PortableApps.com Platform
- Proven NSIS core bundled inside
- Easy configuration with no coding required
- Automated language switching of apps with the PortableApps.com Platform
- Powerful settings file and directory moving
- Easy registry portablization
- Custom code in launchers where needed
- And many more features for making professional portable apps
- Works from command line and Send To (just pass the portable app's main directory, e.g. X:\PortableApps\FileZillaPortable)
- Licensed for use with free open source and freeware
- Commercial use by contacting PortableApps.com
For complete details, read the PortableApps.com Launcher Manual (also included with the app).
PortableApps.com Format Note - The launcher is designed for making apps that are in the proper PortableApps.com Format. For information on getting your app up to speed, please see the PortableApps.com Format Specification.
After you have made your portable app, then use the PortableApps.com Installer to generate an installer.
- Publisher: PortableApps.com (Chris Morgan)
- Date updated: 2016-10-06
- System Requirements: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 and WINE on Linux/UNIX
- License: Free / Open Source (GPL) with exceptions for freeware and free open source. Commercial use by contacting PortableApps.com.
- Source Code: launcher (included)
- MD5 Hash: f26efcbb9dab7d41ff60ece987840d87