the complete, portable server
XAMPP is an integrated server package of Apache, mySQL, PHP and Perl (the AMPP in XAMPP) that all run from a removable drive. Everything is pre-configured and ready to go just by unzipping or installing it.
Menu Integration: XAMPP isn't in PortableApps.com Format, but it easily integrates with the PortableApps.com Suite by using the XAMPP Launcher 1.6 and installing XAMPP in the root directory of your portable device or the appropriate subdirectory within XAMPP launcher. You can open the zip/7z archive of the portable version with 7-Zip Portable.
- PHP + PEAR
- XAMPP Control Panel
- Mercury Mail Transport System
- FileZilla FTP Server
- Zend Optimizer
- XAMPP Security
XAMPP Lite leaves off the additional packages and sticks to Apache, mySQL, phpMyAdmin, SQLite and related packages resulting in an installation that's significantly smaller. There are no upgrade packages for XAMPP Lite like there are for XAMPP, though.
Add-Ons: You can also add in Perl or Tomcat with the XAMPP Add-Ons.
For help getting up and running, visit the XAMPP for Windows page:
You can also post a note in the Apache Friends Support Forum.
- Publisher: Apache Friends
- Date updated: XAMPP: 2013-12-06, Launcher: 2013-07-18
- System Requirements: Windows XP/Vista/7/8
- License: Open Source (Multiple Licenses)
- Source Code: Launcher: included, XAMPP: available from Apache Friends website (same as downloads)
- MD5 Hash: dcaa1180a8fcedc5c540290336ed0c63 (Launcher)