defrag on the go
JkDefrag Portable is an easy to use disk defragmenter and optimizer. Like most system utilities, JkDefrag requires admin rights.
- Support PortableApps.com's development and hosting
JkDefrag Portable works best with the PortableApps.com Platform
JkDefrag Portable is an easy to use disk defragmenter and optimizer with lots of great features:
- Fast operation
- 64-bit support
- Can defragment very full harddisks
- Can defragment very large files
- Custom made GUI for ease of use
- Allows the selection of any combination of drives
- Displays fragmentation percentage after analyzing
- Disabled flash media by default to discourage users
- Ability to run from a user account by prompting for an admin username and password
Learn more about JkDefrag...
JkDefrag's successor, MyDefrag, is closed source; so is not a direct successor in many respects. We will have it available in portable form shortly but will continue to make the open source JkDefrag available as well.
For help getting JkDefrag Portable up and running, please read the following:
Defragmenting Flash Drives: Flash media has specifically been excluded from the drive list as flash drives should not be defragmented (it does not increase access speed and shortens the life of the drive). If you wish to enable it anyway, copy the .ini file from Other\Source to the root JkDefragPortable directory and set EnableFlashDrives=true.
- Black: empty
- Green: regular files, unfragmented
- Dark green: spacehogs, unfragmented
- Yellow: fragmented
- Red: unmovable
- White: busy
- Pink: MFT reserved zone (NTFS only)
- Gray: in use by unknown data
- Publisher: PortableApps.com (Travis Carrico) and Jeroen Kessels
- Date updated: 2012-05-28
- System Requirements: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8
- License: Free / Open Source (GPL)
- Source Code: Launcher and GUI included, JkDefrag
- MD5 Hash: e2ad2f59cd2c259cc684a0f873820e8b