Welcome to the PortableApps.com outdated apps tracker. Please post a comment for any outdated official apps that aren't already listed. Before posting, please make sure that their stable Windows build is available and they have been announced by their publisher (just being available on a 3rd party site or FTP server doesn't count as the app may not yet be official). Comments will be deleted as they are added. This list is maintained by Kenny Williams (scriptdaemon) as well as the PortableApps.com admins.
Pre-Releases and Betas
These apps need someone like you to test them out before they can be released.
Work In Progress
These apps are being worked on. Current status is listed where available. NONE means all apps are up to date.
- Google Chrome Stable 27.0.1453.116 (John built, mirroring...)
- McAfee Stinger 126.96.36.1995 (John built, mirroring...)
- Opera Next 15 (major change, incompatible with previous settings and portablization)
- Wise Data Recovery 3.36 (Gord built, mirroring until 6/18 @2pm...)
- Wise Disk Cleaner 7.85 (Gord built, mirroring until 6/18 @2pm...)
Windows Build Behind Others, Portable Version Is Up-To-Date
These cross-platform apps have later versions for other platforms but not Windows, so they are up to date. If you are able, some publishers may need assistance building Windows versions.
- Atomic Tanks 5.7 (Please let us know if you can help build - Simeon)
- Fyre 1.0.1
- Gnumeric 1.12.0
- Gramps 4.0.0
- LMarbles 1.0.8
These apps have something outside our control getting in the way of being updated.
- Apache OpenOffice 3.4.x - Build being prepped for Apache approval
- Eraser 6.x - See .NET Apps Note*, will be 'EraserProPortable' or Eraser .NET
- IcoFX 2.x - This is a paid version of the app
- KeePass 2.x - See .NET Apps Note*, will be 'KeePassProPortable' or KeePass .NET
- Listary 4.x - App requires admin rights rendering it non-portable
- Mozilla Thunderbird Beta >17 - Development discontinued, won't become stable
- SmartDeblur 2.x - Now closed source, debating continuing
*.NET Apps: PortableApps.com does not yet list .NET apps in our directory. .NET-based apps will not work on most public PCs (net cafe, hotel business center, library, etc) as these PCs generally run Windows XP and do not have .NET installed. Unlike Java, .NET can not be legally portablized. So, .NET apps won't work unless the PC has the proper .NET library, which you can't determine until you try to run the app. To avoid confusing most end-users, .NET apps will be listed in a special section of the PA.c Directory with an explanation of this issue shortly.