Welcome to the PortableApps.com outdated apps tracker. Please post a comment for any outdated official apps that aren't already listed. Before posting, please make sure that their stable Windows build is available and they have been announced by their publisher (just being available on a 3rd party site or FTP server doesn't count as the app may not yet be official). Comments will be deleted as they are added. This list is maintained by Kenny Williams (scriptdaemon) as well as the PortableApps.com admins.
Pre-Releases and Betas
These apps need someone like you to test them out before they can be released.
Work In Progress
These apps are being worked on. Current status is listed where available.
- Freeciv 2.4.1 (John built, mirroring...)
- FreeFileSync 6.0 (John built, mirroring...)
- GIMP 2.8.10 (Gord building...)
- Mozilla Firefox Aurora and Nightly (John built, mirroring...)
- Opera 18 (compatibility and migration issues, passwords non-portable, lacking features, watching releases)
- QuiteRSS 0.14.1 (John built, mirroring...)
- Skype 188.8.131.52 (John building, few dozen new lines of custom code as installer changed again...)
- SuperTuxKart 0.8.1 (Simeon building...)
- System Explorer 4.5.0 (John built, mirroring...)
Windows Build Behind Others, Portable Version Is Up-To-Date
These cross-platform apps have later versions for other platforms but not Windows, so they are up to date. If you are able, some publishers may need assistance building Windows versions.
- Atomic Tanks 5.7 (Please let us know if you can help build - Simeon)
- Fyre 1.0.1
- Gnumeric 1.12.8 (Windows builds only 'experimental' quality)
- Gramps 4.0.x (64-bit only initial builds just coming out)
- K-3D 8.0.2
- LMarbles 1.0.8
- Rednotebook 1.7.4 (Publisher beta, should build stable soon...)
These apps have something outside our control getting in the way of being updated.
- Apache OpenOffice 4.0 - Build being prepped for Apache approval
- Eraser 6.x - See .NET Apps Note*, will be 'EraserProPortable' or Eraser .NET
- IcoFX 2.x - This is a paid version of the app
- KeePass 2.x - See .NET Apps Note*, will be 'KeePassProPortable' or KeePass .NET
- Listary 4.x - App asks for admin rights and will crash if not given (on Options - Apply or exit)
- SmartDeblur 2.x - This is a paid version of the app
*.NET Apps: PortableApps.com does not yet list .NET apps in our directory. .NET-based apps will not work on most public PCs (net cafe, hotel business center, library, etc) as these PCs generally run Windows XP and do not have .NET installed. Unlike Java, .NET can not be legally portablized. So, .NET apps won't work unless the PC has the proper .NET library, which you can't determine until you try to run the app. To avoid confusing most end-users, .NET apps will be listed in a special section of the PA.c Directory with an explanation of this issue shortly.