Application: PortableApps.com Development Toolkit
Description: PortableApps.com Development Toolkit is a utility for assisting with portable app development. Currently it'll be most useful for its PAF validation. More features later.
(These aren't quite of Alpha 1, but they're approximately the current state.)
Download the PortableApps.com Development Toolkit 1.0 Alpha 1 [7.6MB download / 8.6MB installed]
Source code (get it, Python and either PyQt4 or PySide and you can run it on Linux. Also requires Wine for some functionality.)
- 1.0 Alpha 1 (2011-04-07):
- Features: package creation, appinfo.ini editor, partial PAF validation (files/directories, appinfo.ini), running Installer
- Using PyQt4; compatible with PySide, but PySide binaries are bigger at the moment (TODO: shrink PySide build with Hatchet and use PySide instead of PyQt4)
- Will work perfectly running from source code in Linux with Wine installed, with the slight exception that filename checks are currently case sensitive when run from Linux. If you run the Windows version from Wine this won't happen. But it won't feel native for Linux.
- Before today, I've done nothing on this for more than three months. Tonight I decided I felt like actually releasing Alpha 1, so I did.
- Still has various rough edges, e.g. window sizing is absolute, appinfo edit save button doesn't indicate that it saved it.
- Still has lots of missing functionality.
Oh, and for reference,
PortableApps.com Format validation passed with 1 warning.
- File App/AppInfo/Launcher/splash.jpg is missing