Category: Music & Video
Description: Mp3tag is a powerful & yet easy-to-use tool to edit the metadata of common audio formats.
Download Mp3tag Launcher Dev Test 2 [1MB download / 12MB installed]
Launcher: This package is a launcher only. Just install it as usual and then you can update Mp3tag.
From the help file:
To update Mp3tag, first download the setup file.
Then you can do one of two things:
1. Put the downloaded file into the "Mp3tagPortable" folder (next to "Mp3tagPortable.exe").
2. Tell Mp3tag Portable where the downloaded file is by copying "Mp3tagPortable\Other\Source\Mp3tagPortable.ini" to the "Mp3tagPortable" folder (next to "Mp3tagPortable.exe"). Open it and add the path to your usual downloads folder (without the drive letter) to the "DownloadDirectory" entry. If your folder is "X:\Documents\Downloads" then the line should look like this: "DownloadDirectory=Documents\Downloads". Save the file.
Now run Mp3tag Portable and it will update.
Note: having multiple versions of the setup file in either directory is not supported.
- Data dir not upgraded correctly. Fixed.
Launcher Dev Test 1 (2019-07-12):
- Package converted to launcher only. See main post.
2.95 Dev Test 1 (2019-04-21):
- Mp3tag has been updated to 2.95.
2013-10-07 --> 2019-03-01:
- Mp3tag updates.
2.58 Dev Test 1 (2013-10-07):
- Mp3tag has been updated to 2.58.
- Added path replacement to tools.ini.
2012-12-23 --> 2013-10-07:
- Mp3tag updates.
2.53 Dev Test 1 (2012-10-25):
- Mp3tag has been updated to 2.53.
- Fixed a bug in the creation of DefaultData if package was upgraded (two files not copied).
- Updated dev test splash.
2011-11-15 --> 2012-07-19:
- Mp3tag updates.
2.49 Dev Test 2 (2011-10-10):
- Mp3tag 2.49 is saving it's settings backup zip on every close so the portable handling has changed. You can manually delete any unwanted backups in Data\backup.
- Settings dir structure changed. Upgrade should be automatic.
- Converted to PAL 2.1.2.
2.49 Dev Test 1 (2011-06-03):
- Mp3tag has been updated to 2.49.
2.48 Dev Test 1 (2011-01-29):
- Mp3tag has been updated to 2.48.
- EDIT 2011-02-11: File is back on SourceForge.
2.47b Dev Test 1 (2010-11-30):
- Mp3tag has been updated to 2.47b.
2.46a Dev Test 1 (2010-03-21):
- Mp3tag has been updated to 2.46a.
- Icons now match language selection in options dialog if using automatic language switching with PAM.
- Added a check to make sure the launcher has closed (and cleaned up) if immediately restarted. From Winamp Portable.
2.46 Dev Test 1 (2010-03-16):
- Mp3tag has been updated to 2.46.
- Dockbar info is now stored in config file so no need for registry. Removed plugin.
- Removed DefaultData. Files now written on first run.
2.45a Dev Test 5 (2010-02-25):
- Improved drive switching code. Thanks Gringoloco.
2.45a Dev Test 4 (2010-02-25):
- Updated to NewTextReplace_v0.4.
2.45a Dev Test 3 (2009-12-30):
- Now uses Gringoloco's ReplaceInFileUnicode function which changes the drive letters in the directory switcher. Thanks Gringoloco!
- Installer created with PortableApps.com Installer 1.0.2.
2.45a Dev Test 2 (2009-12-07):
- Compiled with PortableApps.com Installer 1.0.1, which now extracts the setup EXE successfully (so installer is 'online' only).
- ...but package version in 'appinfo.ini' is still wrong (can't contain letters).
2.45a Dev Test 1 (2009-11-28):
- Mp3tag has been updated to 2.45a. No issues.
- Fixed bug in installer...
- ...but package version in 'appinfo.ini' is now wrong (can't contain letters).
2.45 Dev Test 1 (2009-11-22):
- Mp3tag has been updated to 2.45. No issues.
2.x Dev Test 2 (2009-08-30):
- Added automatic language switching.
- Added "CopyLocalFiles" to installer.
- Updated to latest PortableApps.com specs.
2.x Dev Test 1 (2009-04-12): Initial release
No automatic language switching.
If you use the "File/Save configuration..." feature, just save it to the default directory ("App\Mp3tag") & the launcher will back it up (to "Data\settings\backup")
& date/time it on exit.
MRUs in the directory switcher won't follow the current drive letter as updating the paths in the config file will corrupt it.
XP Home SP3 (Admin), 7 Professional SP1 64-bit (Admin)