This has been released. See SMPlayer Portable.
Category: Music & Video
License: GNU GPL
Description: SMPlayer Portable is the popular SMPlayer packaged with a PortableApps.com Launcher as a portable app, so you can take your video player with you. It has all the same great features as SMPlayer including remembering the settings of all the files you play, configurable subtitles, audio track switching, seeking by mouse wheel, video equalizer, multiple speed playback, playlists and more plus, it leaves no personal information behind on the machine you run it on, so you can take your favourite video player with you wherever you go.
Download SMPlayer Portable 0.6.9 Development Test 5 [15MB download / 19MB installed (24MB incl. languages)]
Download MPlayer Codecs for SMPlayer Portable Development Test 3 [1+10MB download / 22MB installed]
Online Installer: This is an online installer that will download additional files during setup.
0.6.9 Development Test 5 (2010-08-27):
- "Other\Source\Readme.txt" replaced.
- "App\readme.txt" added.
- "App\AppInfo\appinfo.ini" typo corrected.
- Removed [Languages] section from "installer.ini".
- Non-English docs & all translations are now an optional component.
- Single quotes in CommandLineArguments removed (although that's not how I read the docs). But tested and working.
- SingleAppInstance is still "true" (mplayer.exe will crash if the local and portable versions both try to access the same DVD at the same time).
- "DirectoryMoveOK=yes" added. Still compiled with PAL 2.0 though.
- Removed unused & empty "App\SMPlayer\imageformats" & "App\SMPlayer\screenshots" folders.
0.6.9 Development Test 4 (2010-07-30):
- Converted to PAL 2.0.
- Added "-config-path" to command line (no more moving files).
- Added appicon_128.png.
- Re-compiled plugin installer with the latest gizmos (no change in files/functionality).
0.6.9 Development Test 3 (2010-05-20):
Looks like I messed up my relative paths in the last release. It's fixed now (again!) but if you have "X:PortableApps\Data\settings\fontconfig" you can probably delete it
:-). Sorry about that one.
0.6.9 Development Test 2 (2010-05-14):
- "%USERPROFILE%/fontconfig" was sometimes being created so the font cache is now redirected by "App\SMPlayer\mplayer\fonts\fonts.conf" to the settings directory, just in case.
- Screenshots redirected to "Data\screenshots" (requires clean install).
- Corrected languages in "installer.ini".
- Removed some INI options, added SecondaryLaunch check.
- Clean install recommended.
0.6.9 Development Test 1 (2010-02-25):
- Removed "imageformats\qjpeg4.dll" (creates Trolltech regkey).
- Compressed "App\SMPlayer" with PA.c AppCompactor (default settings).
0.6.8 Development Test 3 (2010-01-13):
- Removed DefaultData. INI files now written on first run.
- $PROFILE\.dvdcss still backed up & restored but not saved to $SETTINGSDIRECTORY anymore (same as VLC).
- 256 icon removed from appicon.ini.
- Minor PA.c Format/launcher tweaks incl. NSIS 2.46/Installer 1.02 (app + plugin).
0.6.8 Development Test 2 (2009-08-19):
- Improved language switching.
- Fixes for inconsistent language codes between PortableApps.com Platform 1.5.2 and 2.0 Beta.
0.6.8 Development Test 1 (2009-07-28):
- No major issues with the update to SMPlayer 0.6.8.
- Good to see "qjpeg4.dll" has also been removed from the official package.
- App\SMPlayer directory compressed with NRV2E (AppCompactor default).
MPlayer Codecs (2009-07-24):
- Added plugin installer. This is a 'live' (not sure of the naming convention yet) installer which will download and install the codec packs from here.
0.6.7 Development Test 13 (2009-07-14):
- Removed qjpeg4.dll. Video preview now defaults to .png and SMPlayer will no longer write anything to the registry. All related code has been removed from the launcher. Thanks invasion.
- A couple of minor code optimizations...
0.6.7 Development Test 12 (2009-06-08):
- Now with added UPX! App\SMPlayer directory (except imageformats\qjpeg4.dll) compressed with NRV2E (AppCompactor default). Thanks Hubbabub.
- Installer compiled with PortableApps.com Installer 0.91.1.
0.6.7 Development Test 11 (2009-05-29):
- Updated to PortableApps.com Format 0.91.
- Installer compiled with PortableApps.com Installer 0.91.0.
- Rewritten help file.
- Tried compressing the App\SMPlayer directory with NRV2E (Default) but "smplayer.exe" crashes immediately! So... still no UPX.
0.6.7 Development Test 10 (2009-05-17):
- Updated to PortableApps.com Format 0.90 and installer compiled with PortableApps.com Installer 0.90.0.
- "SMPlayer_portable.reg" now deleted by installer.
0.6.7 Development Test 9 (2009-05-16):
- Changed registry handling to play nice with other apps which use the "HKCU\Software\Trolltech" key.
- You can now delete the "SMPlayer_portable.reg" file in Data\settings.
0.6.7 Development Test 8 (2009-05-14):
- Added automatic language switching for platform.
- Compiled with ReadINIStrWithDefault.nsh 1.1.
0.6.7 Development Test 7 (2009-05-11):
- Launcher updated to latest paf specs.
- Removed rename & messagebox from file check (dev test 5).
0.6.7 Development Test 6 (2009-04-24):
- Updated to PortableApps.com Installer 0.13.3.
0.6.7 Development Test 5 (2009-04-24):
- Compiled with new makensis.exe (Windows 7 bugfix).
SMPlayer now checks for "Data\settings\.dvdcss-Backup" and prompts for action if found.
- 1. At startup, SMPlayer copies .dvdcss to the local system and renames the folder in "Data\settings".
- 2. At shutdown, SMPlayer moves the folder from the local system back into "Data\settings" and deletes the backup.
If SMPlayer doesn't shut down properly (hasty removal of USB stick/power cut etc.) the folder is left on the local system (and may or may not be recoverable) but you are still left with the backup folder in "settings" and given the choice of whether to restore it or not.
See the script for details or just manually create the folder ".dvdcss-Backup" in "Data\settings" to test it.
- Default directory is now "X:\Documents\Videos"
0.6.7 Development Test 4 (2009-04-07):
- APPDATA Redirect removed and replaced with the previous "CopyFiles" method.
0.6.7 Development Test 3 (2009-04-07):
- "Per file" settings now correctly saved (changed from SMPlayer 0.6.6).
- .dvdcss now handled by a modified version of Chris Morgan's APPDATA Redirect.
- Non-standard NSIS includes now in Other\Source.
- A clean install, although not required, is recommended.
0.6.7 Development Test 2 (2009-04-05):
- A copy of the .dvdcss folder is now left in Data\settings until the launcher closes.
0.6.7 Development Test 1 (2009-04-01): Initial release
This package uses SMPlayer's own portable version and is not an update of any previous dev test releases so a clean install is required.
XP Home SP2 (Admin)
Thanks to Patrick for hosting.
Previous Development Test:
SMPlayer Portable 0.6.1 Development Test 5