the movie player to go
MPlayer Portable is the popular MPlayer media player packaged as a portable app, so you can take your video files along with everything you need to play them on the go. You can place it on your USB flash drive, iPod, portable hard drive or a CD and use it on any computer, without leaving any personal information behind.
MPlayer Portable is no longer recommended due to unpatched vulnerabilities. Please try SMPlayer Portable, which uses a later version of MPlayer's engine, instead.
- Support PortableApps.com's development and hosting
Vulnerability Notes: MPlayer RC2 has unpatched vulnerabilities affecting remote playlists, CDDB lookups, MOV file headers and FLAC comments. There is not yet a new, stable release to fix these issues. More details...
MPlayer is a full-featured movie player that plays most MPEG/VOB, AVI, Ogg/OGM, VIVO, ASF/WMA/WMV, QT/MOV/MP4, RealMedia, Matroska, NUT, NuppelVideo, FLI, YUV4MPEG, FILM, RoQ, PVA files, supported by many native, XAnim, and Win32 DLL codecs. You can watch VideoCD, SVCD, 3ivx, DivX 3/4/5 and even WMV movies. And it's all controllable through the easy to use MPUI frontend. Learn more about MPlayer...
For help getting MPlayer Portable up and running, please read the following:
Language Setting: To permanently change the language setting, head to the Options window and select the language of your choice. Then click Save.
- File size: 4.9MB (download), 7.1MB (installed)
- Publisher: PortableApps.com and the MPlayer team
- Date updated: February 26, 2008
- System Requirements: Windows 95/98/Me/2000/XP/Vista
- License: Free / Open Source (GPL)
- Source Code: Launcher (included), MPlayer, MPUI
- MD5 Hash: a035e741bb280740b5cf5c70cfcb9cf7