You are here

Beta Testing

Testing of beta versions of apps before public release.

[Outdated] PortableApps.com Launcher 1.0 Beta 1

Chris Morgan's picture
Submitted by Chris Morgan on March 16, 2010 - 6:07am

This thread is outdated. Next version: 2.0 Beta 2

The PortableApps.com Launcher is your PAL in making applications portable. It's a universal launcher for which you don't need to write code. Instead, it's configured with an INI file (which goes in App\AppInfo\Launcher\AppNamePortable.ini), and uses a splash screen in App\AppInfo\Launcher\splash.jpg.

Perl Portable Development Test 1

Submitted by daBomb69 on March 14, 2010 - 9:18pm

Application: Perl Portable
Category: Development
Description: Perl Portable provides a portable installation of the open source Strawberry Perl distribution, including optional support of its ability to compile CPAN modules.

Download Perl Portable 5.10.1.0 Development Test 1 [21.6MB download / 131MB installed]
(MD5: b2def215471ff2ac59a023ef0d8fda75)

Adobe Flash installer for non-administrators need some testers

Submitted by ddcast on March 12, 2010 - 12:37pm

Recently I created this little executable that will install Adobe Flash for Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome for non administrators-- Need some testers.

Download it here: http://www.filedropper.com/flashfix01englishpaf

Please note that it will only work if you've installed the browsers in their default locations (using their original software installers).

So far it's been tested to work on Windows XP workstations that DO NOT have admin rights.

Anyone actively working on FreeMind?

IrishPrince's picture
Submitted by IrishPrince on March 8, 2010 - 4:40pm

Freemind v.0.9.0_RC7 was released two days ago. (see: http://sourceforge.net/projects/freemind/files/) I was wondering if the PortableApps version would ever see the light of day?

I've searched the forums and people having been asking for this as far back as 2008. It's been in "RC" mode for about 2 years on SourceForge.

Thanks,
IP

Winamp Lite Portable 5.572 development test 1 English online

Submitted by Mark Sikkema on March 6, 2010 - 9:56am

Application: Winamp Lite
Category: Music & Video
Description: Winamp Lite is the lite version of the famous and easy-to-use media player. It doesn't contain any additional classic-skins or languages-packs, but you're able to install/copy them into the appropriate 'App\Winamp\*' folder.

[Dead Project] Adobe Flash Player Portable Beta 7

Pyromaniac's picture
Submitted by Pyromaniac on February 28, 2010 - 5:03pm

Plugin: Flash
Category: Extention for Firefox Portable ONLY (more browser support still to come)
What I did: I downloaded a fresh copy of Firefox 3.6 and edited the Firefox Portable launcher and edited the installer to download flash player for your device. I also removed Firefox so that I wouldn't be redistributing it. The edited source code, along with the .bat's I used to make flash portable, can be found in Data\AFPP, FlashPlayerModified.nsi and AFPP_CookieKiller.bat; AFPP_CookieMonster.bat respectively.

Ares Mod Portable Development Test 6

Submitted by vdp on February 27, 2010 - 9:06am

Application: Ares Mod
Category: Internet
Description: Ares Mod is based on Ares Galaxy and includes a few extra features. An Ares portable version is one of them.

Download Ares Mod Portable 1.0.1.0 Development Test 6 [2.3MB download / 6.5MB installed]
(MD5: aac87e0dd5b5899082e746696b7ac66d)

Tested on:

XP Pro and Home SP2 (Guest/Admin)

Release Notes:

Pages