You are here

Beta Testing

Testing of beta versions of apps before public release.

PeaZip Portable 2.3a Pre-Release 2

ZachHudock's picture
Submitted by ZachHudock on October 10, 2008 - 1:12pm

Application: PeaZip

Category: Utilities

About:
PeaZip is an LGPL file and archive manager that also combines features to split and join files, perform checksum, hash or byte to byte comparison of files, wipe files (secure file deletion), compress executables with strip/UPX and benchmark system's performances.

Supported Archive Formats:
* Full support
7Z, ARC/WRC, BZ2/TBZ2, GZ/TGZ, PAQ/LPAQ, PEA, QUAD, split, TAR, UPX, ZIP
* Open, browse, extract, test

TeeWorlds Portable Development Test 1

TaffinFoxcroft's picture
Submitted by TaffinFoxcroft on October 10, 2008 - 1:53am

Application: TeeWorlds
Category: Games
Description: Teeworlds is a Side-scrolling multiplayer shoot-em-up. Some people say this game was inspired by Soldat, but since this is open source its cooler Blum
Download:
http://padp.googlecode.com/files/TeeWorldsPortable_0.6.1_English.paf.exe
Release Notes:
Development Test 1 0.6.1 (28AUG11):
Updated to the latest version.
Development Test 1 0.6 (15APR11):
Updated to 0.6. Todo: language switching.

Calling All Keepers of Installers- Or those with Installations of Lost Apps

OliverK's picture
Submitted by OliverK on October 9, 2008 - 3:29pm

I've noticed a number of projects are no longer in development or available for download. Mostly, unavailable for download is the bugger.

What I'm asking for is if you have a copy of those, whether installed or installer, send me them.

I'll re-upload them on a server so that they can be re-downloaded. I may update the installers where needed.

Right now, I'm looking for:
Blender *Thanks to muskrat
AspellPortable *Thanks to LOGAN-Portable
GSViewerPortable *Thanks to LOGAN-Portable
GhostscriptPortable *Thanks to LOGAN-Portable

PortableGNU

Submitted by xenoterracide on October 9, 2008 - 2:32am

download PortableGNU from github.com

sorry no installer yet. but I thought I'd put it out so people can start looking at it. I'm hoping to get it included under 'operating systems' because it's a full barebones system in itself. (missing only the kernel) I'll probably put up more stripped down versions later and I'm going to add git here later.

Lincity-NG 1.1.2 Development Test 3

kai.inouye's picture
Submitted by kai.inouye on October 8, 2008 - 6:46pm

Application: Lincity-NG
Category: Games
Description: LinCity-NG is a City Simulation Game. It is a polished and improved version of the classic LinCity game. Within the scope of the GoTM project at happypenguin we have created a new iso-3D graphics engine, with a completely redone and modern GUI.
Lincity-NG 1.1.2 Development Test 3 Download

Release Notes:

Task Coach Portable 0.70.4 Pre-Release 1

Submitted by Patrick Patience on October 8, 2008 - 1:37pm

Application: Task Coach
Category: Office
Description: Task Coach is an a feature rich and easy-to-use task manager to manage a wide variety of tasks. With Task Coach you can set start and completion dates, create a budget for a task, add attachments, and even print off your tasks in a very easily readable form.

Toucan 2.0.2 Pre-Release 4

Steve Lamerton's picture
Submitted by Steve Lamerton on October 8, 2008 - 1:03pm

Application: Toucan
Category: Utilities
Description: Toucan is a custom built portable app for advanced users to synchronise, backup and encrypt their data, wherever they are.

Download Toucan 2.0.2 Pre-Release 4 [2.4MB download / 2.8MB installed]
(MD5: 5f59fbbe2fdc1897a7c23ec3215483d3)

Release Notes:
Pre-Release 4 (2008-10-27):

• Speed improvements (hopefully)

[Outdated] FreeMat Portable 3.6 Development Test 5

Submitted by Bart.S on October 8, 2008 - 7:28am

New thread could be found here.

Here it is and therefore a little Contest:
If YOU are the first one who finds 3 bugs and reports them, you will win 3 free downloads at PortableApps.com. So hurry, don't waste time Blum
The judges' decision is final.

Application: Freemat
Category: Education (& Science)

VLC Media Player Portable 0.9.4 Pre-Release 1

John T. Haller's picture
Submitted by John T. Haller on October 8, 2008 - 12:25am

I've posted a test release of VLC 0.9.4 for testing. This is a pretty major VLC update, so we'll be giving this a test before release. The major new bit from a portability standpoint is the media library. Unfortunately, there is no switch to redirect it to the portable drive, so it must be copied to and from the PC at the moment, which may be a privacy issue for some folks (if someone were to undelete files quickly enough... before something overwrites it... they could see what your music collection consisted of, though it's a bit unlikely).

Pages