Application: Mini Launch Bar (Preview)
NOTE: This version is deprecated. Please follow this link for the latest version
Description: This an application launcher for PortableApps applications. Rather than organizing the apps as a list like the Windows Start menu, they are organized in a tool bar a bit similar to the Mac OSX dock bar.
There's still a lot more work to do on it, but I thought I'd release a first version. In particular, I'd appreciate if somebody could give it a try on Windows 98 (95?) and Vista.
You simply need to drop the executable and data folder anywhere on your USB drive and launch it. As long as you are using the standard folder structure (apps in "PortableApps" and documents in "Documents"), it should detect everything automatically.
Feature suggestions and bug reports are also welcome.
- Add or delete a shortcut or a divider by right-clicking on any icon
- Change the properties (name and path) of an icon
- Move the bar by clicking and dragging its border
- Order the icons by clicking and dragging them
- Eject the drive by clicking on the arrow button, and then the eject button
Beta 1 (2008-09-06):
- Support for 16x16 and 32x32 icons
- Config dialog box to change the locale or icon sizes
- Finished French localization
- Improved rendering speed of the interface.
- It's now possible to select a file OR a folder when adding or modifying a shortcut
- Added Multi Launch button (the one with a thunder icon)
- Added "New shortcut" icon
- Added "Minimize" icon
Preview 2 (2008-08-31):
- NEW: The bar can now be resized
- NEW: The application location and dimensions are now saved on close
- NEW: Tooltips on icons
- UPDATE: Disabled animation of drawer for now as it's currently too slow
- UPDATE: Disabled dividers in icon panel as they don't work properly with multiple rows of icons.
Preview 1 (2008-08-30):
- First preview release