lightweight plaintext editor
AkelPad is an open source editor for plain text that is designed to be a small and fast.
- Support PortableApps.com's development and hosting
AkelPad Portable works best with the PortableApps.com Platform
- Single window (SDI), multi-window (MDI) and pseudo multi-window modes (PMDI);
- Full support of Unicode strings;
- Support of Unicode codepages (UTF-8, UTF-16LE, UTF-16BE, UTF-32LE, UTF-32BE);
- Support of any codepage installed in the system;
- Support of DOS/Windows, Unix and Mac newline formats;
- Preview file open;
- Correct pseudographics displaying;
- Column text selection;
- Multi-level undo;
- Fast search/replace text strings;
- Remember file codepage and caret position;
- Printing of a document and print preview;
- Support of language modules;
- Plugins support (syntax highlighting, folding, auto-completion, scripts execution, keyboard macros and much more).
Learn more about AkelPad...
For help getting this app up and running, please read the following: