text editor and basic IDE
Geany Portable is cross-platform, GTK based Integrated Development Platform. You can work on simple text files, html, perl, python, NSIS and more with Geany. By using Geany Portable's built path-additions support, you can even configure Geany Portable so that Geany can use the compilers located locally on your flash drive. Bundled with a PortableApps.com Launcher as a portable app, you can take Geany with you.
- Support PortableApps.com's development and hosting
Geany Portable works best with the PortableApps.com Platform
Geany's features include:
- Path-based compiler support: By using the built in path addition support, you can have Geany locate your needed compiler for whatever programming language you are using.
- GTK Based theming: You can configure GTK to allow Geany to be in your favorite GTK based theme.
- User Configurable Syntax Highlighting: Geany supports syntax highlighting configuration, so you can customize the style of your syntax highlighting, or visit Geany.org and download another user-contributed syntax theme.
- Download Geany Portable Plugins. You can download multiple different plugins to enable things like spell check, a folder explorer, and more.
- Cross-Platform. Use linux at work or on your netbook? Use Geany and have unified experience coding, independent of your current platform. (Note, Geany Portable is Windows only. Geany is available in many repositories for many Linux OS').
Learn more about Geany...
For help getting this app up and running, please read the following:
Geany Portable is made available in conjunction with GeanyPortable.org with permission from the Geany developers.