scientific prototyping and technical computing
FreeMat is a free environment for rapid engineering and scientific prototyping and data processing. It is similar to commercial systems such as MATLAB from Mathworks, and IDL from Research Systems, but is Open Source.
FreeMat Portable works best with the PortableApps.com Platform
- N-dimensional array manipulation (by default, N is limited to 6)
- Support for 8,16, 32, and 64 bit integer types (signed and unsigned), 32 and 64 bit floating point types, and 64 and 128 bit complex types.
- Built in arithmetic for manipulation of all supported data types.
- Support for solving linear systems of equations via the divide operators.
- Eigenvalue and singular value decompositions
- Full control structure support (including, for, while, break, continue, etc.)
- 2D plotting and image display
- Heterogeneous array types (called “cell arrays” in MATLAB-speak) fully supported
- Full support for dynamic structure arrays
- Split-radix based FFT support
- Pass-by-reference support (an IDL feature)
- Keyword support (an IDL feature)
- Codeless interface to external C/C++/FORTRAN code
- Native sparse matrix support
- Function pointers (eval and feval are fully supported)
- Classes, operator overloading
- 3D Plotting and visualization via OpenGL
- Handle-based graphics
- 3D volume rendering capability (via VTK)
- Publisher: PortableApps.com (Bart.S)
- Date Updated / Originally Released: 2013-08-015 / 2010-10-15
- System Requirements: XP/Vista/7/8/10
- License: GPL
- Source Code: Launcher (included), FreeMat Source
- MD5 Hash: d19e4a163bd54e4d6364da9b7a1c2af1