genealogical research software
Gramps is a genealogy program that is both intuitive for hobbyists and feature-complete for professional genealogists. Every person has their own story but they are also part of a collective family history. Gramps gives you the ability to record the many details of an individual’s life as well as the complex relationships between various people, places and events. All of your research is kept organized, searchable and as precise as you need it to be.
Gramps Portable works best with the PortableApps.com Platform
Gramps 4.x: Gramps 4.x builds for Windows have a possible licensing conflict and some stability issues. Research is ongoing...
- Gramplets - A dashboard to help you monitor the progress of your research. A variety of widgets provide quick analysis of your data and more.
- People - A list of every individual in your records featuring birth/death dates and more.
- Relationships - A summary of the active person’s parents, siblings, spouses and children.
- Families - A list of every family group featuring parent names, relationship status and, if applicable, marriage dates.
- Ancestry - A graphic representation of the active person’s ancestry featuring photos and birth/death dates.
- Events - A list of every event in your records featuring descriptions, event types, dates and places.
- Places - A list of every place in your records featuring place names and location details.
- Geography - An interactive map view highlighting places associated with one person, a group of people or all people in your records.
- Sources - A list of all sources referenced in your records featuring authors and publication details.
- Citations - A list of all citations referenced in your records featuring quality, date, volume and page.
- Repositories - A list of source repositories referenced in your records featuring web addresses, physical addresses and email contact information.
- Media - A list of all photos, videos and other media referenced in your records featuring thumbnail preview, media type and more.
- Notes - A list of all text notes included in your records featuring note type and preview.