empire-building strategy game
Freeciv is an empire-building strategy game inspired by the history of human civilization. The game commences in prehistory and your mission is to lead your tribe from the stone age to the space age.
Version 2.5.3 for Windows, Multilingual
30MB download / 96-116MB installed (Details)
Freeciv Portable works best with the PortableApps.com Platform
Freeciv is a free turn-based multiplayer strategy game, in which each player becomes the leader of a civilization, fighting to obtain the ultimate goal: To become the greatest civilization. Players of the Civilization® series by Microprose® should feel at home, since one aim of Freeciv is to have optional modes (called rulesets) with compatible rules.
Sound Note: Sound is turned off by default. Enabling it should work in most systems by going to File - Options - Local and selecting the sound tab. Select the SDL plugin. This is done on a per-game basis.
- Publisher: the Freeciv team & PortableApps.com (Andy Gardner)
- Date updated: 2016-02-23
- System Requirements: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, WINE on Linux/UNIX
- License: Free / Open Source (Launcher: GPL, Freeciv: GPL)
- Source Code: PortableApps.com Launcher, Freeciv
- MD5 Hash: 96094f605d3e63182f3670328115055a