RSS feed update notifications
Feed Notifier is a Windows application that resides in the system tray and displays pop-up notifications on your desktop when new items arrive in your subscribed RSS or Atom feeds.
- Support PortableApps.com's development and hosting
Feed Notifier Portable works best with the PortableApps.com Platform
Feed Notifier is for you if you want a news aggregator that focuses on real-time feed notifications and leaves out all the other stuff that comes with most news readers.
- Supports all common RSS and Atom web feed protocols.
- Clean look and feel with user selectable themes.
- Configurable polling interval for each feed.
- Configurable popup duration.
- Configurable popup size and position.
- Configurable popup transparency.
- Popups do not steal keyboard or mouse focus from other applications.
- Popups show item age and author.
- Navigation controls in popups to view next/previous items.
- Advanced keyword filtering options.
- Supports enabling/disabling individual feeds.
- Deactivates when user is idle to save bandwidth and processing time.
- Supports authenticated feeds that require a username and password.
- Supports using a proxy server.
- Displays favicon for feeds when available.
- Multi-threaded feed polling.
Learn more about Feed Notifier...
For help getting this app up and running, please read the following: