cd audio extraction
CDEx is an audio extractor that can extract data directly from an audio CD. The audio can be saved to multiple audio formats and the tracks automatically named using online disc information.
Version 1.7.9 for Windows, Multilingual
4MB download / 12MB installed (Details)
CDEx Portable works best with the PortableApps.com Platform
- Supports multiple encoders (Lame MP3, Fraunhofer MP3, OGG, FLAC, etc)
- Direct recording of multiple tracks
- Read / store album information from/to a local and/or remote CD Database (CDDB)
- Support CD-Text (if your CD-drive supports it)
- Advanced jitter correction (based on the cd-paranoia ripping library)
- Indicates track progress and jitter control
- Normalization of audio signal
- Supports many CD-Drive from many manufacturers
- Conversion of external WAV files
- Support for M3U and PLS play list files
File Note: CDEx will use X:\Documents\Music by default for files. You can alter this location in Options and your selection will be adjusted as you move PCs.
Local Version Warning: The local version installer shows multiple purposely misleading bundleware offers (4 at last count). Use extreme caution if running the local installer. The portable version contains no such bundleware.