DISCONTINUED: Please note that Sunbird is no longer maintained by Mozilla and should not be used in a production or day-to-day environment. PortableApps.com is making this final release available as a convenience to existing users and for testing purposes. Users should transition to using Thunderbird with the Lightning extension for their calendar needs. A guide on migrating is available here.
Sunbird Portable in Other Languages
Mozilla Sunbird, Portable Edition is available packaged in the following languages:
|Chinese (Simplified)||中文 (简体)||1.0 Beta 1 Rev 2||Download|
|Chinese (Traditional)||正體中文 (繁體)||0.9 Rev 2||Download|
|Dutch||Nederlands||1.0 Beta 1 Rev 2||Download|
|English||English||1.0 Beta 1 Rev 2||Homepage|
|French||Français||1.0 Beta 1 Rev 2||Download|
|German||Deutsch||1.0 Beta 1 Rev 2||Homepage|
|Hungarian||Magyar||1.0 Beta 1 Rev 2||Download|
|Italian||Italiano||1.0 Beta 1 Rev 2||Download|
|Japanese||日本語||1.0 Beta 1 Rev 2||Download|
|Polish||Polski||1.0 Beta 1 Rev 2||Download|
|Portuguese (Brazilian)||Português (do Brasil)||1.0 Beta 1 Rev 2||Download|
|Portuguese (Portugal)||Português (Europeu)||1.0 Beta 1 Rev 2||Download|
|Russian||Русский||1.0 Beta 1 Rev 2||Download|
|Spanish (Spain)||Español (de España)||1.0 Beta 1 Rev 2||Download|
|Spanish (International)||Español (internacional)||1.0 Beta 1 Rev 2||Download|
If your language of choice is not listed, there are 2 methods of getting Sunbird Portable to appear in your locale:
Method 1: Copy it right in
The easiest way to get Sunbird Portable in your own language is to simply copy a local installation of Sunbird (in your prefered language) into Sunbird Portable. To do this:
- Install Sunbird Portable to your portable device as outlined on the support page
- Delete all the files within the SunbirdPortable\App\sunbird\ directory
- Copy your local Sunbird files to that same directory (you can usually find them in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Sunbird\ ).
- Use Sunbird Portable as normal
You now have Sunbird Portable in your own language. Messages from the launcher will still be in English (Ex: Another copy of Sunbird is running...). This will be resolved in a future release.
Method 2: Language Packs and Quick Locale Switcher
The second method is useful if you don't have access to a local install of Sunbird or if you want to switch between multiple languages. Here are the steps.
- Install Sunbird Portable to your portable drive
- Start Sunbird Portable
- Download the Quick Locale Switcher extension (right-click or control click and select to save it)
- Download the language pack you'd like to use (right-click or control click and select to save it)
- In Sunbird, click Tools and the Addons. Click the Extensions Tab and then click the Install button. Select the language pack you downloaded.
- Repeat for the Locale Switcher extenion
- Close Sunbird Portable, wait for it to stop writing to your drive, and then restart it to complete installation of the extensions.
- Click Tools - Quick Locale Switcher and then select the language you added on.
- Restart Sunbird Portable for the change to take effect.
Now, this method works pretty well and should work for just about everyone. The advantage is that this is a bit cleaner and you can easily switch between multiple languages. The disadvantage is that if you drop a local profile into Sunbird Portable, you'll need to perform these steps again.
Sunbird language packs are no longer available.