find-as-you-type search for Windows Explorer and more
Listary is an excellent find-as-you-type search utility that makes searching items in large unmanageable lists of Windows applications a breeze. It works with items in Windows Explorer, Task Manager, Registry Editor, Windows Desktop, file Open/Save dialogs and other components. Listary is freeware for personal use.
Listary Portable works best with the PortableApps.com Platform
Looking for Listary 4.0+? Listary 4.0 and later has a major bug that causes it to crash when run without admin rights. Most users won't have admin rights and admin rights should not be required of a portable app unless it is a Windows system utility that normally requires it (defrag, registry cleaner, etc). As such, we provide the last fully-working version of Listary to our users.
- Smart Search - Find-as-you-type search list that narrows down real-time as you type any part of item name.
- Wildcards - Find-as-you-type search using wildcards like '*' and '?' in the traditional way.
- Shortcut to command mode - Simply type /cmd to enter command line window in the directory you are presently in.
- Hotkey - Press only Windows+W to start Listary. Customize shortcuts to select items from large lists.
- Nifty UI - Neat tool sitting in system tray, showing only a search bar that disappears upon 'Esc'.
- Traditional search - Find-as-you-type search list that narrows down real-time as you type item name in exact order.
- Text editing - Edit text anywhere with your favorite text editor.
- Auto-complete - Predicts what you want to type and auto-completes the search-string with just a few tabs.
- Regular expressions - 'Regex': Powerful, flexible advanced search method for matching strings of text.
For help getting this app up and running, visit:
- Publisher: Bopsoft & PortableApps.com (Josh S.)
- Date updated: 2012-05-08
- System Requirements: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8
- License: Freeware (Personal Use)
- Source Code: PortableApps.com Launcher
- MD5 Hash: 89485b9bdf0f2c00cdfc48ecd9fdf2f7
Listary is packaged for portable use with permission from Bopsoft