Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition 58.0.2 - Select Your Language:
|Chinese (Simplified)||中文 (简体)||Download|
|Chinese (Traditional)||正體中文 (繁體)||Download|
|Portuguese (Brazilian)||Português (do Brasil)||Download|
|Portuguese (Portugal)||Português (Europeu)||Download|
|Spanish (Spain)||Español (de España)||Download|
|Spanish (International)||Español (internacional)||Download|
If your language of choice is not listed, there are 2 methods of getting Firefox Portable to appear in your locale:
Method 1: Copy it right in
The easiest way to get Firefox Portable in your own language is to simply copy a local installation of Firefox (in your prefered language) into Firefox Portable. To do this:
- Install Firefox Portable to your portable device as outlined on the support page
- Delete all the files within the PortableFirefox\App\Firefox\ directory
- Copy your local Firefox files to that same directory (you can usually find them in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\ ).
- Use Firefox Portable as normal
You now have Firefox Portable in your own language. Messages from the launcher will still be in English (Ex: Another copy of Firefox is running...). This will be resolved in a future release.
Method 2: Language Packs and Locale Switcher
The second method is useful if you wish to be able to switch languages on a regular basis. Here are the steps.
- Install Firefox Portable to your portable drive
- Start Firefox Portable
- Download the Locale-Switcher extension and then install it by doing Tools - Add-Ons, Extensions tab and clicking Install within Firefox Portable.
- Download the language pack you'd like to use and install it using the same method.
- Close Firefox Portable, wait for it to stop writing to your drive, and then restart it to complete installation of the extensions.
- Head to TOOLS and then LANGUAGES and select the language you which to switch to.
- Restart Firefox Portable for the change to take effect (being sure it has fully closed before restarting).
Now, this method works pretty well and should work for just about everyone. The advantage is that this is a bit cleaner and you can easily switch between multiple languages. The disadvantage is that if your drop a local profile into Firefox Portable, you'll need to perform these steps again.
The following link goes to a directory of links to language packs for Firefox. You should right-click (or control click) on the appropriate link from the directory and select to save it locally. You can find the links here by language code: