PortableApps.com AppCompactor allows you to easily compress application to decrease size on disk and increase performance when running from a slow media (like flash drives). It features:
- Proven UPX binary compressor
- 7-Zip compression of archives
- Multiple compression levels
- Automatic testing of compressed files
- Automatically skips <4K files (no space savings)
- Add inclusions/exclusions using PortableApps.com Format
- Compression of DLL, EXE, ZIP, JAR, IRC, PYD and BINs in all directories
- Automatically skip launcher if selecting PortableApps.com Format apps' base directory
- Automatically excludes Visual C++ runtimes and Qt image handlers
- Saving up to 50% or more installed space of many apps
- Faster application starts from flash drives
- The same technology we formerly used in OpenOffice.org Portable, Pidgin Portable, GIMP Portable and more!
Please mention us and link back here if you use our AppCompactor in your releases as a way of saying thanks. We appreciate it!
- Don't compress NSIS launchers (FirefoxPortable.exe, etc), they'll break
- It's best to have the app you're compressing reside on a hard drive (at least temporarily) rather than a flash drive to improve performance and decrease writes to your flash drive
- You can disable the Welcome screen or have the console window stay by editing the settings.ini in the Data directory
- Only NRV2E should be used for PortableApps.com Releases (including development tests and pre-releases) unless it's a small app (one exe and a dll or two) and very easy for you to test every feature and function on every Windows OS.
- Always back up your files before using this tool as it will not work with all applications.
- Publisher: PortableApps.com
- Date Updated: 2018-01-29
- Date Added: 2008-03-20
- System Requirements: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 & WINE
- App License: Open Source (GPL)
- Source: UPX, 7-Zip, Launcher source included, PortableApps.com Installer
- MD5 Hash: 071b031d54271b6dc90c5613f7aac44e
PortableApps.com AppCompactor is a trademark of Rare Ideas, LLC