touch typing tutor
TypeFaster is a free typing tutor teaches you how to touch-type. Once you can touch-type you will not need to look at the keyboard to find the letters you want to type.
- Support PortableApps.com's development and hosting
TypeFaster Portable easily integrates with the PortableApps.com Suite™.
- Supports multiple keyboard layouts and more can be added easily (see the developers section). Includes support for non-rectangular keys. The following keyboard layouts are currently supported: Danish, Finnish, French, French-Belgian, German, Hebrew (no lesson files), Italian, Norwegian, Numeric Keypad, Portuguese, Spanish, UK-English, US-Dvorak, US-English
- A clear indication of which fingers to use. This is the essence of touchtyping.
- A 3D typing game.
- Typing statistics and the option of practising the least accurate/slowest/custom keys.
- Keyboard is not a fixed size (resolution independent).
- Multi-user support.
- Teacher support (view student statistics).
- Interface for editing lesson files and game settings.
- Backspace support
- Right to left text support.
- Variable text size.
- Lesson files can be prose or poems.
- Lesson progress indicator.
Learn more about TypeFaster...
For help getting up and running, please read the following:
- Publisher: TypeFaster Team & PortableApps.com
- Date updated: 2010-12-25
- System Requirements: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7
- License: Free / Open Source (Launcher: GPL, TypeFaster: GPL)
- Source Code: PortableApps.com Launcher, TypeFaster (included)
- MD5 Hash (for the geeks): d968997751e537102c1b75c76004c7bb