detailed file analysis
FileAlyzer is a tool to analyze files. FileAlyzer allows a basic analysis of files (showing file properties and file contents in hex dump form) and is able to interpret common file contents like resources structures (like text, graphics, HTML, media and PE). It's freeware for personal use.
FileAlyzer Portable works best with the PortableApps.com Platform
FileAlyzer has multiple tabs allowing viewing of different file attributes including general details, hashes, version information, resources, PE header, Sections, import/export tables, hex dump, image preview, text preview, INI contents, HTML preview, zip preview, database preview, media preview, ID3 tag, RIFF, authenticode, VirusTotal results and more.
Note that any tabs including an embedded browser like Google and Yahoo lookups, maps of addresses, and similar will be using an embedded version of the local PC's Internet Explorer browser and leave behind the associated cookies and history. This can be avoided by not utilizing those tabs.
For help getting this app up and running, visit:
- Publisher: Safer-Networking Ltd. & PortableApps.com (Kenny Williams)
- Date Released / Date Updated: 2012-10-22 / 2012-10-22
- System Requirements: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8
- License: Freeware (Personal use)
- Source Code: PortableApps.com Launcher
- MD5 Hash: dffeed138c9201d681e9a4f571fb25a3
FileAlyzer is packaged for portable use with permission from the publisher.