advanced text editor
Download from PortableApps.com
gVim Portable can run from a cloud folder, external drive, or local folder without installing into Windows. It's even better with the PortableApps.com Platform for easy installs and automatic updates.
Vim is a highly configurable text editor built to enable efficient text editing. It is an improved version of the vi editor distributed with most UNIX systems.
Vim is often called a "programmer's editor," and so useful for programming that many consider it an entire IDE. It's not just for programmers, though. Vim is perfect for all kinds of text editing, from composing email to editing configuration files.
Vim can be configured to work in a very simple (Notepad-like) way, called evim or Easy Vim.
- Publisher: vim team & PortableApps.com
- Date Updated: 2019-12-18
- Date Added: 2009-10-13
- System Requirements: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
- App License: Open Source (VIM, GPL Compatible)
- Source: gVim, PortableApps.com Launcher, PortableApps.com Installer
- MD5 Hash: ed1af34c57d0c9450975e87b7d012e3f
- SHA256 Hash: b21d9c1d176adc5cd94017fcc455b5c1d23525da301caa35e51c4509fc7dc2fe